Fastest-growing business jobs
Majoring in business will open the door for many potential career opportunities! Rather than some majors that pigeonhole you into one very specific career, business gives you a lot of flexibility. This makes it a fantastic option if you don’t know exactly what kind of job you’d like to have, but you still have a general idea. With the best business jobs, you can expect high wages, great job security, and plenty of daily mental stimulation.
Fields of study for the best business jobs
Of course, being an aspiring business professional doesn’t mean you necessarily have to major in business. There are several different majors that could help you land your dream job.
- Marketing provides you with the best strategies for targeting an audience and driving sales. Majoring in marketing can help you to succeed in many careers including copywriter, market research analyst, SEO manager, and more!
- Finance allows you to better understand the art of turning a profit. A degree in finance sets you up to work in many positions, from loan officer to stockbroker.
- Economics explores money, markets, and consumer behavior. This is a great field for aspiring managers or anyone who wants to work in public affairs.
- Accounting is a fantastic option for not only accountants but also anyone who wants to run a business or start their own. Understanding numbers and finances allows you to constantly push businesses to achieve a greater level of success.
- Management gives you a broad overview of many parts of business including accounting, marketing, and more. If you know you’re a gifted leader who would like to develop this skill even more, this major is a great option.
Here are six of the fastest-growing careers for business majors!
Not every role in the business field is solely defined by cold, hard facts. For example, as a marketing manager, you would have plenty of opportunities to exercise your creativity. You could work for an advertising agency or a business’ own advertising department to create successful ad campaigns. The demand for marketing managers is expected to grow about 10% between 2020 and 2030, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, and it’s one of the best-paying business jobs.
As a financial planner, you would help individuals or businesses make smart financial choices and meet their financial goals. While you could choose to offer more comprehensive financial services, some financial planners specialize in estate planning, taxes, or investing. You might simply offer guidance or you might also sell financial products to help your clients accomplish those goals. Growth for financial planners is expected to be about 5% between 2020 and 2030.
Supply chain management
If you have a special love of problem-solving, a career in supply chain management could be the perfect fit. In this role, you’d be in charge of maximizing efficiency at every stage a company’s products must go through before they can be distributed. Supply chain managers need expert collaboration skills as they navigate relationships with various departments and stakeholders. Some jobs in the supply chain management field are growing very fast. For example, logisticians are estimated to experience 30% job growth between 2020 and 2030.
Learning from the past is often one of the best ways to ensure future success. This is the idea that the entire business analytics field is built on. A job in business analytics means you are constantly analyzing data on consumer behavior, industry trends, and more to guide an organization into making better, more profitable decisions. This booming field is on track to experience significant job growth from 2020 to 2030 including a 14% increase for management analysts.
If you love numbers and have superior attention to detail, you’ve surely considered the accounting route. As an accountant, you analyze an organization’s profits and losses and make recommendations for how it might manage its finances more effectively. This job also requires you to make sure an organization’s financial records are accurate and compliant. Between 2020 and 2030, employment is expected to increase by 7%.
If you have exceptional communication skills and love connecting with new people, human resources may be a great career option for you. As an HR manager, you’re in charge of hiring and training new employees, conducting exit interviews, managing conflicts that might arise in the workplace, and more. This is definitely the most people-focused role on our list of fastest-growing careers for business majors. Jobs in the HR field are predicted to grow 10% between 2020 and 2030.
Best-paying business jobs
While business jobs are generally well-paying, there are definitely some that are more lucrative than others. Of course, every company will be different and the region where you work will affect your compensation.
Based on the 2020 data from BLS, the top five best-paying business jobs are:
- Marketing manager, with a median salary of $142,170
- HR manager, with a median salary of $121,220
- Personal financial advisor, with a median salary of $89,330
- Management analyst, with a median salary of $87,660
- Financial analyst, with a median salary of $83,660
Attend a top-ranked business college to get one of the best jobs for business majors
If you’re interested in working toward one of the best business jobs on our list, there’s no better place to start your career than the University of Northern Iowa’s College of Business! With more than 20 programs just for undergraduate students, we know how to turn your passion for business into a fulfilling career.
As Iowa's only regional comprehensive university, we are designed to provide critical coursework with real, practical fieldwork.
Real, relevant academic excellence for a world that expects future-ready graduates.
- 94% of UNI grads find success within six months of graduation.
- UNI has the only four-year real estate program in the state of Iowa.
- UNI graduates more CPAs than anywhere in Iowa.
- UNI is ranked a top regional public university by U.S. News & World Report.